Getting Started on NVTC Thrive
Make the most of your NVTC Community of Interest experience online by taking these steps to allow others to find and connect with you, engage in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you, and build your presence in the online community.
Go to https://thrive.nvtc.org and click “Sign In.” Your login credentials are the same as your Member Login credentials for NVTC.org. If you have forgotten your login credentials or need assistance with your login information, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profile Set-Up Instructions:
Tell us about yourself: Upload a profile picture and add some additional information to your profile so it is easier to find and connect with like-minded peers.
Customize your profile settings: While on your profile page, click on the tab for My Account. Here you can set up how you want to receive emails from the community, how much of your profile you want visible to other members, design the signature area that appears under your discussion posts and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email the Community Manager at Communitymanager@nvtc.org for help.
Email Delivery Options: Your frequency can be in the form of a digest–a single email summarizing the hottest topics in your community either daily or weekly, or you can stay informed in real time with instant alerts.
Join a Community: Select Communities from the top navigation bar to find a drop down menu and select All Communities.
Here you will find a list of all NVTC Communities of Interest with summary descriptions for your review. Become a member of the Community by using the “Join” function and setting your email notifications for the Community.
To see just the communities you are a part of select My Communities from the Communities dropdown.
Join the Conversation
Collaborate with your Peers:
- Let us know you're here: Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating.
- Share ideas: Is there a hot topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members? Start a discussion thread to give others a peek inside your world or to demonstrate your expertise on a topic.
- Give feedback: Use your knowledge and experience to answer other members' questions. Just click Reply to the right of any discussion post, or comment underneath a library entry.
Starting a New Discussion:
- Select “Post a Message” if on the Discussions page
- Start a discussion: Post a message
- Reply to a post: Reply to the entire thread.
- Reply privately: Sends a private response to the member’s community inbox.
and connect with you, engage in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you, and build your presence in the online community.
Upload a Document:
Documents in Discussion Messages:
You can include a document in a message by following the same steps listed above. Select "Add Attachment" under the text box, select the document(s) you would like to share, and post.
In addition to appearing in your discussion message, documents will also appear in the community's Library.
Upload a Library Entry:
- Select "Share a File" in the drop-down under "Browse.
- Fill the required fields.
- Choose & Upload the document(s) you would like to share.